Monday 11 April 2016

When in London...

Not long ago, my friend Lucy and I went down to London for the day. The main purpose of our trip was to see the Vogue 100 exhibition, but we went to various cafes, went shopping (obviously) and checked out a restaurant neither of us had ever been to. Due to us going on a Sunday, the Brick Lane Market was on in Shoreditch and we found this really cute cafe called Kahaila. The interior was quite retro because of the wooden tables and benches and brick walls, and overall the atmosphere was really chilled out. If you're ever looking for a cafe in Shoreditch, we both had a frothy mocha which tasted amazing and the cakes and sandwiches looked sooooo good! They also offer quite a few vegan and vegetarian options which is a plus if you or your friends don't eat meat or dairy products. 

Four and a half star cafe Kahaila

After going to the market, we planned to go to a restaurant we had seen online called Busaba Eathai and conveniently there is a massive one just off Brick Lane and five minutes from the tube. If you hadn't already guessed, it is a Thai restaurant that serves various noodle, curry and stir-fry dishes. The food here is incredible, our waiter was really polite and it was nice to go somewhere we do not have in Birmingham and that is a bit different. Being on a bit of a tight budget, I went for the chicken butternut squash stir-fry, Lucy had the tofu and spinach stir-fry and we shared a coconut rice. Both of our meals were under ten pounds which is an amazing deal, especially being in London. If I could have had more I would have bought most of the menu, it all looked so delicious!




Chicken Butternut squash stir-fry


Tofu and spinach stir-fry

Before getting the tube to The National Portrait Gallery, we found a really cool street with massive graffiti art all up the walls. Here, Lucy is a wearing a DKNY, long sleeve top from Depop, Mango  pinstriped cropped trousers, Office Nike trainers with a red tick, Prada sunglasses, Zara grey textured jacket and a material bag from the Channel, Mademoiselle Saatchi gallery exhibition. This look is a casual day to day look with a smart edge. The basic colour coordination of black and grey makes it a simple yet classy outfit which has an added sporty element with the branded Nike and DKNY items.

Lucy

As you can see, a couple of months ago I was slightly obsessed with black, which is why this outfit consists of mostly black clothing. Not only this, but whilst writing this post, I have realised that pretty much everything I am wearing is from Topshop. Even so, I shall tell you about my outfit. Firstly, my black scallop hemmed skirt is from, guess where? Topshop! It is a simple, yet chic part of any outfit. Being tall, I find it hard to find skirts that are the right length, which is why most of my jeans and skirts are bought from here as the sizing is a bit more specific and they have a tall section.  I then paired this with a stripey, short sleeved, polo neck top, also from Topshop. I always find myself wearing this top because it is super comfy and adds a bit of pattern to my outfits. Then, to keep me warm, I went with a black leather jacket. Personally, I feel leather jackets always make an outfit look more smart, maybe because most are asymmetric, I'm not sure. For my shoes, I wore black chelsea boots from Office, which I practically live in. I always wear flat shoes because I'm 5'11 and feel massive in anything with a heel and these go with everything.

Daisy

To finish the day before going home, we went to the Vogue exhibition currently on at The National Portrait Gallery. I definitely reccomend seeing this if you are interested in fashion or read Vogue; it is so interesting to see the past of Vogue and check out their most famous pieces. If you have never been to London, it has such interesting and cool places to go to and see and I assure you it should be on your bucket list. I want to live there one day.

Vogue 100 exhibition, ends May 22nd


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Slender Self

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig