Wednesday 4 May 2016

Chocolate galore


Seeing as it's my birthday this week, there can't be a better excuse to bake a cake. This chocolate cake is the best thing I have ever tasted, and for anyone who likes to bake, you have to try out this recipe! My moms friend is an amazing cook, and made this cake for a friends birthday; once I tried it, I became slightly obsessed. It seemed a little strange making a cake for my own birthday, but I was desperate to try this out and I'm so glad I did. 

The recipe is by Nigella Lawson. It's perfect for any celebratory occasion or maybe just a cosy weekend in. There are quite a few different parts to the method, so I've put in the link if you're willing to give it a go. I'm not the best baker, so it can't be that hard! The sponge is super moist, and the dense chocolate almost makes it taste like a brownie. As in the recipe, I used a thin layer of dark chocolate frosting which is really shiny and reflects the light- if you don't like dark chocolate you could use milk or white. The basic frosting could have been left as it was, and the cake would still of looked and tasted incredible. However, because I had a load of Maltesers and chocolate fingers I decided to cover the cake and pile it all on. I even crumbled cookie, and sprinkled glitter on top to finish it off.




If you ever get bored, the list of things to bake is endless, and this is just one of them.

Daisy xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The malteasers and chocolate fingers make this cake look so impressive (and delicious!). I've never properly baked a cake before but I actually want to try and make this one because it looks so good.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing! I reckon you could use Kitkat round the edge as well, as much chocolate as possible is the best way. xx

      Delete

© A Slender Self

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig